“To tear off the band-aid” is an expression that is about doing something unpleasant quickly to get rid of it. Whoever invented the expression had probably never tried Snögg bandages or plasters. This month we take a closer look at Snögg’s products and list common situations where they come in handy.
Who are Snögg?
Snögg is a Norwegian company that was founded in 1945 and offered the innovative product called Snögg-bind. That roughly means quick dressing. The product was a great success and today Snögg has developed more products and caters to various industries in Scandinavia such as industry, hospitals, ambulances, military and aid organisations.
The range includes many types of dressings such as bandages and plasters. The products are made of polyurethane foam and a water-based synthetic polymer, which makes them suitable for sensitive skin.
The advantages of Snögg’s products
- Stops bleeding. Apply the dressing over the wound and pinch to create pressure. In case of heavy bleeding, a pressure bandage can be created if a small piece of “snög” is shaped like a pillow and several layers of “snög” are wrapped around the wound.
- Glue-free. A Snögg bandage or patch does not stick to the skin, hair or wound. It also leaves no adhesive residue.
- Sticks in itself. The dressing adheres to itself, which means that it can be used together with ointments and creams without affecting the adhesion. It also means that the dressing can be applied directly to dirty and oily skin and that no safety pins are required.
- Waterproof. The dressing can also withstand being used in water ー a practical feature if the dressing needs to be used in the restaurant industry or healthcare, for example.
- Soft and flexible. Snögg’s plasters and bandages are elastic dressings that do not hinder movement.
- Effective absorption capacity . The dressing absorbs blood and other fluids quickly and easily.
- Free from Latex. Snögg bandages and plasters can also be used by latex allergy sufferers and others with sensitive skin.
- Visible or discreet. Snögg’s finger bandages are available both in the color blue to meet the needs of the restaurant and food industry and as discreet skin-colored for, for example, industry.
- Helping animals. A Snögg bandage can also be applied to an animal as an outer dressing to attach a dressing to a knee or haunch ー areas that may otherwise be difficult to apply a dressing to.
Considering the benefits, it’s no wonder that Snögg bandages are so popular. HEDE Safety sells Snögg bandages , patch dispensers and patches in various sizes. Snögg plasters are also an obvious part of the contents of the first aid cabinets that we offer. In our online store you will also find wound wash , fire extinguishers and fire extinguishers .
Then you need a Snögg plaster or bandage
Both our everyday life and working day are filled with risky situations. Of course, this does not mean that you should go around worrying all the time, but it does mean that it is important to always have access to first aid equipment. Here we have listed some occasions when you benefit from a Snögg bandage or patch:
- When you fall off your bike and hurt your leg. The bandage sticks even if you are sweaty or dirty.
- When your child scrapes up the knee. With a Snögg patch, you can both stop the bleeding and avoid tears when the patch needs to be removed.
- When your dog or cat has a wound. The dressing can be used on animals without the risk of it getting stuck in the fur or transferring any dangerous substances to the animal.
- When you accidentally slip the knife in the restaurant kitchen. The patch Snögg Soft 1 blue 3 x 450 cm is easy to detect if, against all odds, it should fall off and end up in the food.
- If you accidentally hurt yourself on a sharp tool in the workshop. Thanks to the bandage’s flexibility, you can both stop the bleeding and continue working afterwards.
How to apply the Soft Next finger dressing
- Tear off the desired length or cut the patch in the patch dispenser.
- Place your finger in the middle of the bandage and pinch the sides of the bandage around your finger to make sure it sticks to itself.
- Wrap the rest of the bandage around the finger.
- Fold the bandage over the fingertip and shape it so that it feels good.
- Now you can continue what you were doing before your injury.
Do you have questions about Snögg bandages or want to buy a larger quantity of bandages? Contact us !